See Inside Magazine

See Inside Magazine

The Villa Story

View Entrance Photos

History
One of Atlanta’s most famous architects, Philip Trammell Shutze, is credited with the design of The Villa. Shutze’s other works in Atlanta include the Swan House, Calhoun House, Rhodes House, and East Lake Golf Club Clubhouse.

The Villa was built around 1920 next to the Ansley Golf Club. It was called The Italian Villa Apartments until World War II, when it was renamed simply The Villa. The Villa was converted to a condominium in 1979.

The Property
The Villa was built on an acre of land north of downtown Atlanta in the Ansley Park neighborhood, which is between Midtown and Buckhead. The Villa is almost entirely surrounded by the golf course and buildings of the Ansley Golf Club.

The Villa is a U-shaped building with 25 units, ranging from a studio to a 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit. The units on the main and top floors have 10-foot ceilings, while the units on the ground level have 8-foot ceilings.


You may enter units in the central part of the building through the main door and the lobby, which opens onto hallways.
Units on the ends of the building are entered through two other doorways. Each of these entrances has a call box, so that residents may “buzz in” their guests.

The ground level units have
exterior doors.



Home | The Villa Story | Features and Amenities | The Villa Photo Tour | Villa Living | Available Units | How to Find Us | Related Links | For More Information

Copyright 2003 © The Villa Condominium Association
200 Montgomery Ferry Drive, NE - Atlanta, Georgia 30309 USA